Sunday 2 November 2014

So it begins...

Hi and welcome to my blog!

Here is where I plan to log my efforts to build a 2500 point dark elf army for warhammer fantasy battles. The army is built as part of a tale of x gamers the flgs (friendly local game store) is arranging.

For those of you reading who are unfamiliar of the concept tale of x gamers I will describe it to you. It works like this, a bunch of gamers decide that they need to get going with that army they have said for years that they are going to build and paint. But since they are gamers, they have already ten armylists ready and bought a bunch of miniatures which now sits half assembled on their painting table and glares at them with contempt. So in order to get started painting they get a set of rules. i.e. paint x amout each month or else. So basically peer preassure. For this installement the plan is as follows:

November 400 points

December No goal

January 1100 points

February 1500 points

March 2000 points

April 2500 points

So hopefully, I will have a painted 2500 point army by april.

"Okay thats nice, but where are the pictures" I can hear you say impatiently. Calm down, there will be pictures of painted miniatures soon enough. But untill then you will have to settle for some pictures of unpainted ones.

A bunch of angry, evil, unpainted elves.
So what we can see here is the beginnings of an army. 10 witch elves primed and ready for painting, 5 assembled dark riders, 10 Black Guard/executioners in pieces and an unopened Sorceress. Ohh right I also have 10 warriors half of which are painted, we will see if I strip the paint of them and repaint them. If I do I will post about it.

With that said my goal for this month is:

10 Witch elves with musician 120 points

Supreme Sorceress, lvl 4, sac. dagger and 4+ ward 290 points

Thats 410 points right there, if I get some time left I might paint up the dark riders to, but thats a stretch goal.

Now, I better get back to painting some elves.

No comments:

Post a Comment